Dr. Knitasha Washington is the President and Founder of ATW Health Solutions, an advisory firm that provides professional services to organizations and government agencies committed to transforming healthcare delivery. Dr. Washington has 20 years of experience in the healthcare field. She has extensive knowledge of strategies to advance innovation and improve outcomes through community engagement, patient engagement, and stakeholder alignment. Dr. Washington is dedicated to radical change in the healthcare industry, working to improve its quality for everyone.
Desiree Bradley is the Co-host of the Patient Partner Innovation Community Podcast. Desiree has been involved in patient-centered research for many years and served as a Patient-Centered Outcome Research Institute (PCORI) Ambassador. She is also a National Faculty Member for the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI) and hopes to drive change and produce positive patient outcomes.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why Dr. Knitasha Washington and Desiree Bradley started their journey in patient-centered healthcare
- What are the flaws within the healthcare system, and how can we begin to improve it?
- How ATW Health Solutions is helping organizations develop strategies and integrate the precepts of equity
- The organizations Dr. Washington and Desiree have worked with — and what they learned from these partnerships
- Where to learn more about ATW Health Solutions’ work
In this episode…
The healthcare system has its limitations, including the inability to focus on eliminating health disparities. On top of that, funding is the primary driver of power in healthcare. So, how can we work towards change and put the focus on patients, families, and their communities?
For Dr. Knitasha Washington and Desiree Bradley, equity is their top priority. And according to Dr. Washington, every single organization can make a meaningful impact towards a more equitable system. But where do you begin? Dr. Washington, Desiree Bradley, and the team at ATW Health Solutions can point you in the right direction.
In this episode of the Patient Partner Innovation Community Podcast, Rise25 Co-founder Dr. Jeremy Weisz speaks with Co-hosts Dr. Knitasha Washington and Desiree Bradley about their approach toward a patient-centered healthcare system. They discuss the disparities within the system, how they help other organizations develop strategies for change, and how they’re working to create a system that is meaningful to providers, patients, and caregivers. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- ATW Health Solutions
- Dr. Knitasha Washington on LinkedIn
- Theory of Change for an Equitable, Patient-Centered Measurement Ecosystem That Supports an Advanced Healthcare System by Knitasha V. Washington, DHA, MHA, FACHE, Ellen Schultz, MS, Desiree Bradley Hala Durrah, MTA, and Karen Frazier, PhD
- American Institutes for Research (AIR)
- Dr. Jeremy Weisz on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by ATW Health Solutions.
ATW Health Solutions is a Chicago-based healthcare advisory and consulting firm that has gained national recognition for transforming healthcare delivery systems from ordinary to best-in-class.
At ATW Health Solutions, we use a data-driven, evidence-based approach to make healthcare better by focusing on improving quality, safety, and health equity in organizations and government agencies.
Simply put, we create and implement innovative solutions for the right problems and the right people.
So, what are you waiting for?